IBR Acrylic Waterproofing
Almanac Waterproofing Project, Kya Sands
Reviving & Waterproofing an IBR Roof of a factory
Repairing & waterproofing IBR roof sheeting can be a tricky task but done right it could almost double the lifespan of a roof. Here are the remedies followed to give an IBR roof in Kya Sands a new life.
Before treatment and waterproofing could be applied rust had to be removed on the IBR sheeting. The IBR roof was treated with Pekay Rustconverter and sanded down. Pekay corrugated primer was applied to ensure a solid grip for the waterproofing material to follow.
All lose sheeting and damage sections was fixed. To ensure a watertight seal, 3 x layers of the Pekay Acrylic membrane system was used. The roof also had sections of fiberglass panels that had to be fixed and sealed. Polyurthane joint sealant was used on all fiberglass panels.
The factory roof also had sheeting tying in with roof slabs that had to be seal. Roof slabs was previously also sealed with in effective Torch On and everything had to be removed before any remedies could be applied. After the old Tourch On was removed all the flat areas was primed with Bitumonuis primer. Once the primer have dried 4mm Jayco Copirnit Torch On was applied. The Torch On areas was covered with two coats of aluminum silver to help protect against the sun.
Here are the remedies followed repairing and waterproofing the IBR roof:
- Remove old & previous waterproofing measures;
- Treat rusted IBR sheeting with Pekay Rustconverter;
- Sand down all affected & rusted arias;
- Apply Pekay corrugated primer to prepare services for waterproofing and painting;
- Fix lose sheeting and damage sections;
- Applied 3 x layers of the Pekay Acrylic membrane system to sheeting;
- Seal all fiberglass panel with Polyurthane joint sealant;
- Prime roof slabs with Bitumonuis primer;
- Waterproof roof slabs with 4mm Jayco Copirnit Torch On;
- Protect Torch On by painting it with two coats of aluminum silver.
For any waterproofing requirement please contact us or request a quote below!