Tufdek IBR roof sheeting has an effective covering width of 686 mm designed for use as side cladding or roofing material in commercial, industrial and residential buildings. IBR is an abbreviation for Inverted Box Rib, an angular trapezoidal fluted profile sheet with a bold appearance which makes it both attractive and practical.
Tufdek IBR sheeting’s deep broad flute design offers excellent drainage characteristics combined with optimum weight versus load/span capabilities. Tufdek IBR roof sheeting can be factory cranked, curved and bullnosed to various radii depending on customer’s requirements.
Since IBR roof sheeting was introduced to the South African market in 1958, it has become the most popular roof sheeting used in construction of commercial and industrial buildings.
IBR Roof Sheeting Features
- The general shape and appearance of the trapezoidal flutes ensure that IBR sheeting is totally acceptable for use as roof and wall cladding.
- The deep and broad flutes of the IBR roof sheeting ensures excellent drainage characteristics.
- IBR roof sheeting is designed to provide the most advantageous load/span characteristics consistent with economy.
- IBR roof sheets offers the end user the option of having stiffening ribs in the sheet which help to remove oil canning from the broad flute.
- IBR roofing can be factory cranked, curved and bullnosed to a wide range of radii. For further details contact our Technical Department.
Safintra 0,47mm thick, AZ 150 ZincAl IBR profile roof sheeting, fixed to intermediate steel purlins at 1900mm centres and to ridge and eaves purlins at 1650 centres, with 12 x 65mm long Fixtite® or Safintra approved Hex Head self-drilling screws at every second crest, at intermediate purlins and at every crest at eaves purlins side laps to be stitched at 500mm centres between purlins all in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.
The sheeting shall be IBR type profile as manufactured by Safintra Roofing. The profile shall be roll-formed with 5 trapezoidal ribs at 171,5mm, centres witha nett cover of 686mm. The rib height shall be 36,5mm and shall be fixed in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Lengths & Roof Pitch
When using IBR roof sheeting the recommended minimum pitch for roof slopes in excess of 15m is 7.5° and for slopes less than 15m is 5°. IBR sheeting can be ordered in any length, subject to transport limitations, up to 13,2m. Longer lengths require special transport arrangements